Use of iPhone's Live Photo image

iPhone, by default, takes live images, which are nothing but a series of images taken a nano second after the other. Stitching these together these images appear as a short video in iPhone. I have often been frustrated with the Live Image feature because it takes up so much space in the Phone drive, not realizing that the feature could be very useful some times. 

Today as I was editing the photo below, which if of a lake in Maharashtra, I found the 'loop' feature of live image, which when applied to this image, made is come alive!! The movement of the water transported me back to the days when I was at the lake enjoying the beautiful sunset. What a feeling that was!

Then the question was, how do I share this image so that others could also enjoy the same experience?  I saved the image in JPG format but that just flattened the image and did not save the movement. But when I exported the photo to GIF format, the movement remained. 

So I exported the image in GIF format and viola....here is the result of the effort. Not bad, eh?


 

Comments