Enroute but delayed

This is how my vacation has started. I was enroute to Hamilton station to take a train to Newark International Airport, on my way to Edinburgh, and the phone started to buzz - message from United Airlines - my 11.50 pm flight has been delayed by two hrs!! Some kind of mechanical failure lead the airline to require a change in aircraft. They offered to change my flight but the first flight is literally in 45 mins (which obviously I can't make), and the next flight is tomorrow.

So here I am, sitting in a rather empty NJ Transit train still headed to Newark airport, hoping that the delay is indeed only 2 hrs and not longer.



The trip to Edinburgh is in the honor of my friend and mentor Sujay turning 60. Like all things he does, he decided to celebrate his 60th birthday in style, in Edinburgh, with a few friends and family. We will of course partake of some delicious scotch, but we'll also get to enjoy a round of golf at St.Andrew's, the birth place of golf (#bucketlist!!)

After spending the weekend in Edinburgh, I will then head over to Bordeaux to spend a few days with my other great friends Ruben and Rosa. This is our second trip together, exploring wine regions of the world, first one being in Spain (Priorat region).

So, all that remains now is to set foot on the European soil (yes UK is still in Europe, even though it chose to divorce itself from European Union) and let the parties begin! 😃

#turningsixty
#bucketlist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devesh Batra, you will be missed!!

Demise of An American Shoe Manufacturer - Odabo

Celebrating Friendship in Style