Flying out of Oakland Airpot


When it comes to flying out of Bay Area, San Francisco airport is an obvious choice.  However, for people who live in east bay, flying out of Oakland airport is an additional option. I like flying out of Oakland as it saves me ~20 mins of drive time, and walking to the terminal is quick.  The real challenge is the security line.  Today I almost missed the flight due to an extra long security line.  But the folks on Southwest held the plane till I was able to get to the gate.  The other challenge is the choice of airlines - if you are not a Southwest or AirTran fan, number of choices is rather limited.  

For me, Oakland airport works out quite well as Southwest has regular flights to San Diego and many other destinations I tend to frequent.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devesh Batra, you will be missed!!

Demise of An American Shoe Manufacturer - Odabo

Celebrating Friendship in Style