How to find a good use for your old photos

Like any other amateur photographer, I take a lot of pictures which end up in my computer, to be looked at may be once or twice again. This time I decided I would do something with some of my interesting images. So, I was browsing through my old photos and found some pictures of Trimbakeshwar, a little town close to Nasik, India, and decided that I wanted some Ansel Adams like posters. 


A little bit of GIMP magic and viola! Here are the posters! The posters came out looking so beautiful that one of them became a gift to one of Madhu's uncle & aunt on their 50th wedding anniversary, and another set of three posters went to my dear brother in law in Ahmedabad, and brother in Mumbai.

As they say, if you have to hang bad art on your walls, it might as well be your own!

All told, the picture frames and posters ended up costing close to $100. About half of that was for the pictures, the other half for the frames.

Comments

Chris said…
OK, so can you tell us some more about the GIMP magic? :)
Unknown said…
Sunil,

Your talents never cease to amaze me, even after all these years. It's been almost 20 years since we met!

Anyway, beautiful photos. Looking at the Blog and the photos makes me miss you.

Michele
Pavansut said…
Chris,
GIMP magic must be learned! But I would be happy to show you how. My computer was running the magic overnight for each one of these posters!!

Michele, we miss you too!! Indeed its been 20 years! Or more like 21 years on September 1!! Can't believe I have been here that long. Time flies. Lets chat soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Devesh Batra, you will be missed!!

Demise of An American Shoe Manufacturer - Odabo

Celebrating Friendship in Style