Impact of Rajendra Pachuri's Nobel Prize on Indian behavior


I have known all along that Al Gore had won the Nobel Peace Prize along with the Inter-governmental Panel on Climate Change, but I didn't know that the IGPCC was being led by an Indian national, Dr. Rajendra Pachuri.  

An immediate impact of this is a greater awareness among the Indians about the perils of global warming. This became clear as I was talking to my dad this morning, who informed me that all over Mumbai people have been asked to turn out their lights for one hour to help against global warming. Thats right, charity does begin at home.

Now if we in the United States can only take this to heart and emulate the Indian grass root efforts by not driving for one day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devesh Batra, you will be missed!!

Demise of An American Shoe Manufacturer - Odabo

Celebrating Friendship in Style