Power of Internet

Often we take the technological innovation for granted. However there are times when you are reminded of how these technological advances have become indispensible to our lives. And today was one of those days. Recently, my wife's car failed its inspection because the center brakelight was not working. I went to acura dealership to buy the bulb, but once home couldn't figure out how to take the old one out. To my rescue came google. A quick search on how to change the center light bulb in acura brought me to this thread....where some one had explained in simple language... open the trunk, and turn the bulb assembly counter clockwise. replace bulb, turn assembly clockwise, and thats it!

In years past this would have taken a trip to the dealership and a discussion with the parts department. They might have asked me to let their mechanic change the bulb for me, and would have charged me $30 for a $2 part. What technologies helped me?

1) Fast internet service
2) A computer hooked up to internet
3) A web browser (Safari, in my case)
4) Google search engine
5) A free phpBB discussion forum, and
6) Last but not least, some one with a desire to answer questions on the Acura discussion forum.

I don't know about you, but I could not live without web any more!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great story and analysis!

Keep creating,
Mikew

Popular posts from this blog

Devesh Batra, you will be missed!!

Demise of An American Shoe Manufacturer - Odabo

Celebrating Friendship in Style