Mumbai (Bombay) Drowns in Record Rains!


The picture hardly tells the story of the worst flooding in Mumbai, the business capital of India. My family informed me that my nephew had to be rescued by one of our family friends when his school bus got stranded in the flooded waters. My brother was unable to return from work because of high waters.

The Times of India reports that water level was so high in Dombivli where I grew up most of my life that you couldn't tell where the water ended and the railway platform began! The figures tell of the carnage caused by the waters:

  • 37.5 inches of rainfall in 24 hours

  • 118 dead in Mumbai

  • 100 dead in Konkan region

  • 10,000 troops deployed in and around Bombay

  • A week ago, my brother-in-law was telling me of the floods in Ahmedabad. Waters were as high as 5 feet in some areas. Now it seems to be Mumbai's turn.

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Devesh Batra, you will be missed!!

    Demise of An American Shoe Manufacturer - Odabo

    Celebrating Friendship in Style